Sunday 24 February 2013

Review of L'Oreal Products

So it's been a month since I starting using the L'Oreal products. Before I give you a review I'll just remind you about my skin type and condition. 

I have combination to dry skin, that suffers most especially in the cold weather (I wish the sun would come back so badly). I also have eczema, around my eyes (and hands), that is exacerbated during winter. So my skin is in major need of hydrating and softening products, that will leave it soft and supple. I also wanted products that would brighten my complexion since it was so dull and dry.


L'Oréal Paris Triple Active Fresh Ultra-hydrating Gel-cream for dry and sensitive skin (Day cream)

Texture & Appearance: Just as it suggests, a creamy soft gel like texture, non-sticky and non-greasy and absorbs will into the skin upon application; and slightly peach tinged in colour.
Fragrance: A light refreshing scent, which kind of reminds me of the pond's cold cream.
Product: There is a generous amount of product in the jar and after one month of use, I have half a jar still filled. I use the product generously on my face and neck, so I estimate a jar if good for two months.
Results: My skin feels supple and refreshed throughout the day and there is minimal shine.



L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise Collagen Filler Eye (Eye cream)

Texture & Appearance: The product has a light cream texture, with a pearlescent shimmer (maybe for temporarily brightening the eye contour area).
Frangrance: No distinct scent just a generic cream smell.
Product: Since product in is an opaque tube, you can't really gauge the amount of product left. I estimate about 1/3 of the product remains.
Result: After two weeks of use I stopped using the product due to the eczema around my eyes. The product stung like crazy upon initial application and subsided after a while, but was like this every application.


L'Oréal Paris Youth Code - youth boosting night cream

Texture & Appearance: The cream is  soft and smooth and it applies on thicker than the day cream, but just as breathable on the skin. It is lilac in colour, which reminds me of the Olay Regenerist Night Firming Cream.
Fragrance: Lightly fragranced, almost lavender like, which I personally find soothing and relaxing when applying this creamy product.
Product: Just like the day cream, I would say this product is good for up to two months use for a person who uses it generously on the face and neck
Result: My skin feels protected at night and soft and hydrated in the morning.

 

L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Luminize (Serum)

Texture and Appearance: A thin slightly watery white product the spreads onto the skin well and is quickly absorbed.
Fragrance: The scent isn't all to pleasant as it reminds me of soapy washing up liquid.
Product: I used the recommended 2-3 pumps daily, but even applied it during my night routine. I used the entire bottle within a span of 3 weeks.
Results: My skins complexion does seem to be brighter and more even. But I wouldn't buy it again as the scent is just to over powering.


So there you have my review for these products. Overall they are quality products and I would definitely continue to use the day and night creams in my skin care routine.

Till next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment