Wednesday 23 January 2013

Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil : Skin Perfector


Recently being back in London, having spent many years in the Philippines, my skin has gone through many changes due to the weather. My skin is far from perfect and I have eczema on my hands and around my eyes, Epp! I know, not a pretty thing. So during these cold months, moisturised and nourished skin is a must, and you need very good body lotions and even oils to help you maintain great skin.


For a couple of years now, I have been using St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter as a hand lotion to combat the itching and flare ups along with a topical steroid from my doctor. It just works wonders to soothe my skin, but having only brought four 750ml bottles of this product with me from the Philippines (£3.75 per 750ml bottle in Philippines), I'm rationing it to be exclusively for my hands ( My sister will bring me another 6 bottles in April, it's cheaper than buying it here online).

Garnier Body Intensive 7 days gel cream

During the summer months I don't like heavy creamy lotions on my skin, cause I just hate that sticky, greasy feeling, so I was using a Garnier product. The gel like texture just left my skin feeling fresh and cool, with no sticky feeling, it absorbed really well into my skin. Due to the weather change I started to use a baby oil to moisturise my skin. Straight after a shower I would apply it to my wet skin then pat down with a towel, I always left the bathroom warm and my skin was supple. I was running out of the oil, so I popped down to my nearest Superdrug to get some, when I came across Garnier's 'Ultimate Beauty Oil : Skin Perfector'.

 

At Superdrug I bought it for £5.49, other bloggers I have seen review this product bought it from Boots for £7.99, so this was a total bargain with a £2.50 difference. It's a 150ml bottle of body oil enriched with Argan, Macadamia, Almond and Rose oil. The packaging is a beautiful sleek, tear-drop shaped bottle with a golden tint making the product resemble a liquid gold potion. The scent is light and very soothing, a warm slightly musky sweet smell, the scent tends to linger on the skin because of body heat. If you were to apply any perfumes, I recommend sticking to something similar like a vanilla or musky type of undertone, or wear no perfume at all to not overwhelm yourself with different scents.


The bottle has a spray nozzle, which allows you to apply the product to the desired areas directly or into your hands. I love that it comes with a spray nozzle because it allows you to control the amount of product that you dispense. The oil formula is light and thin, that is easily spread and absorbed into the skin, leaving skin soft and glowing. 

I really like this product so far, no cons about it except maybe when I put my St. Ives lotion on my hands, the two products mix and make my hands super slippery, which can easily be corrected by washing my hands after application before putting the lotion on. 

I'd give this product a 9 out of 10, that 10% being my margin of error.

I'll be doing an up coming post on the eye cream I use on my eyes

Till next time =)






No comments:

Post a Comment