Sunday 14 October 2012

Exhibit Night


The words "artsy fartsy" is kinda stuck in my head for some reason, I remember my cousin saying it one time, she was on an art course, so I hear her voice say it everytime in my head LOL... 

When I imagine what an accomplished artist would look like or what they'd wear, I imagine them wearing some sort of kimono. I love the kimono look, you can dress it up or down and it just looks so effortless. 

I also love the look of a traditional kimono, it just looks so lavish and an artwork in itself.
Traditional Kimono
A modern styled Kimono

£90.00 Kiku Cotton Kimono In Kyoto Floral Print

Somehow this Kimono reminds me of the 80's, very Madonna, very Material Girl

£75.00 (Now £52.50) Minkpink 'Melody' Gypsy Floral Kimono Jacket




 This Kimono has a 'Bohemian Rhapsody' feel to it, airy and carefree 

£210.00 One Teaspoon Never Enough Kimono


This studded Kimono puts Rock 'n' Roll songs in my head; Lenny Kravitz music video worthy

£39.00 Rare Kimono Jacket with Stud Detail


A Kimono for elegant social gatherings. Cocktail in one hand, and a fancy hors d'oeuvre in the other

£75.00 ASOS Embellished Kimono With Sequin Stripes


Laid back flower child Kimono, perfect for summer fun 

£40.00 (NOW £16.00ASOS Kimono With Bright Floral Print


Even a Kimono for those cold months of the year
£29.99(Now £15) New Look Inspire Burgundy Aztec Knitted Kimono Cardigan


This is the look I would imagine an accomplished artist to wear to a gallery at opening night for their art collection in London or New York



Exhibit Night




Strapless shirt
topshop.com



Acne skinny pants
$1,610 - brownsfashion.com







Vivienne Westwood engraved ring
couture.zappos.com



Ela Stone ring
$135 - monnierfreres.co.uk



Betsey johnson jewelry
zappos.com 




What kind of Kimono you wear or how you wear it, is really up to you. You can dress to impress or dress like you don't care, but putting on a kimono can complete your look and inspire it.




No comments:

Post a Comment